Cedar Mountain Music (“us” or “we”) operates this website and respects the security and privacy concerns of users of this and all its websites. We are notified under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
Personal data collected via this website is controlled by:
Cedar Mountain Music,
PO Box 489, Farnham, Surrey GU10 3WZ.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect the following personal data from you:
- your name, email address and other contact details you provide from time to time;
- your payment information, such as credit and debit card details;
- details around your use of the website (see the sections below headed “Third Party Cookies” and “Cookies”); and
- any other information that you provide when filling in forms, posting information on the website and/or the forums or when you contact us.
DATA COLLECTED FROM REGISTRATIONS
The personal data we may collect (if available) is:
- Your email address
- Your first and last name
- Your location (Hometown and country)
- Your gender
- Your date of birth
- Your likes
- Your social activity with respect to the artist
OUR USE OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data collected is used to:
- provide users with information on the relevant Cedar Mountain Music Artist;
- to customise the user’s online experience and to improve the content of the website;
- for internal review of the web pages visited by the user;
- to track the progress and number of entries in promotions and contests;
- to track the number of users of the website and where appropriate, the products purchased through the website; and
- to provide users with information about produces or services that we believe will be of interest to users (please see the sections directly headed “Sharing Personal Data” and “Direct Marketing”).
KEEPING AND MAINTAINING PERSONAL DATA
How long we keep your personal data depends on the context in which you provide it and the purposes for which we use it, but we will only ever retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for these purposes. Specifically:
- we will keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide you with products and/or services that you have requested or purchased;
- we will keep your contact information for marketing purposes for as long as we have your consent for: (i) us to send you marketing information about our products and services by you not opting-out of receiving this marketing information; and/or (ii) third parties to provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you by you opting-in to receiving this marketing information;
- we will keep records of any transactions for up to six years so we can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise during this time; and
- we will keep other information about you if it is necessary for us to do so and for us to comply with law or to protect or own, or other persons’, interests.
You can request details of the personal data that we hold about you by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting the personal data that you would like access to. We may charge you a fee of up to £10 for this service. If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or e-mail us as soon as possible. If required, we will correct or update any information as soon as possible
Where users have signed up and not opted out from receiving information and promotions from us, the personal data may also be used to notify users of future Cedar Mountain Music product releases and information on the artist concerned together with news on other Cedar Mountain Music artists, related products and services which may be of interest to users. You hereby give us your consent to receive marketing information from us for these purposes by choosing not to opt-out on the registration form.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving information you can opt out or reply to the e-mail address at the bottom of each e-mail you receive from us. You can also opt out of any SMS communications you receive from us. Alternatively you can e-mail us at email@example.com and tell us what you would like us to do.
USE BY CHILDREN
If you are under the age of 16 you should obtain the consent of your parents or legal guardians for submitting any personal data to this website.
Children under the age of 13 should not submit any personal data without the written consent of their parents or legal guardian. If you are a child under 13 and want to submit personal data to us please ask your parent or legal guardian to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Parental Consent’ specifying that they consent to us collecting your personal data through this website. Parents or legal guardians may review or change the personal data of their children or refuse further collection of any such personal data by sending an email to us at email@example.com
When we include links to other internet sites on this site and in our newsletters and other communications, we do so solely as a convenience to our visitors. Operators of such linked sites may acquire personal data about you through registration procedures or other means and may use that personal data in accordance with their own privacy policies, over which we have no control. Your access and use of linked sites is solely at your own risk.
Whenever we obtain your personal data we take reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorised access or disclosure, but we cannot act as insurers of the security of your personal data transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any disclosure of data due to errors in transmission, unauthorised third party access or other acts of third parties, or acts or missions beyond our reasonable control.